Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Time flies........

About 3 weeks ago, my husband and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary. Back when we first got married of course we thought and planned on being married for the rest of our lives. But at the tender age I was (let's just say I was still in my teen years) can you really fathom what that means? Back then I remember thinking "old' people were married for 25 years. My mind certainly doesn't feel old, my body, yes . Twenty eight years doesn't seem that long to me having lived through it. Alot has transpired over those years, but it seems to have all gone by in the blink of an eye! Well, enough sentimentality! On to the card!
I made this card for Don using a retired set I bought specifically for this purpose. Of course. I loved the set, so that made it easy. It's called Summer by the Sea. We live here on the Southeast coast of North Carolina, and it's very common to see couples in this exact pose. After creating the scene using various inks and sponges, I wanted to keep the front of the card simple, let the image tell the story. Inside the card I stamped a sentiment as well as the tall grasses from the Inspired by Nature set that I used on the front. My husband's comment when I gave him this card was two fold. First he said he loved the card, his favorite I've ever made for him. Then he commented that the male in the scene had too much hair to be him! LOL There was nothing I could do about that!


I'm still working on getting updated pictures of my stamp room. I have the "after" pictures of the carnage created from creating my Tri-Shutter card. I promised to show that to you. But I also want to get some nice pictures since I've made a few changes since the last pictures I posted. Our weather has been a bit gloomy the past few days and the light has been horrible for picture taking. Maybe tomorrow!

1 comment:

ruth said...

Sooooooooooooo pretty! And congrats again on your anniversary!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash