Thursday, September 17, 2009

Are you a list maker?

I am a big time list maker. I call my lists my paper brain. So when I went to a downline meeting recently and made this project I was very happy!! So super simple to make too. The first notepad uses Christmas Punch stamp set (hostess set). We used Old Olive and Whisper White cardstock. I'll give you a little tutorial on how to make these further down, so scroll on down.

This second note pad is a bit larger. I bought some junior legal pads at national office supply retailer and had them cut them in half. They charge you $2.00 per cut to do this. I got a bunch of them done for $4.00. I'll have plenty of note pads for awhile!

I cut my Creamy Caramel cardstock at 8 1/2" x 3". I stamped it all over with Circle Circus stamps in Creamy Caramel ink. I stamped both sides of the cardstock because I wanted it to look pretty on both sides. Cut another piece of Creamy Caramel at 2 1/2" x 2". Stamped that as well with Circle Circus stamps in Creamy Caramel ink. Score this piece at 5/8" and 7/8". Set this piece aside for now. I used the Big Shot and the Mover's and Shapers die with the Punch Windows Scallop punch and Whisper White cardstock to get the scallop oval. Then I stamped the image from Favorite Things stamp set in Creamy Caramel ink. I attached the stamped oval to the small stamped 2 1/2 x 2" piece with black brads. Attach this piece to the notepad to cover up the glued binding. I used sticky strip. Apply sticky strip to the whole back of the notepad and attach it to the large piece of Creamy Caramel cardstock. And that's it. Super quick and easy. Go on and make some. They make fabulous hostess and teacher gifts. You could make these for all different holidays too. I have another variation that's a little more involved to show you next time.

Caio!
Lynda

3 comments:

Ginger said...

What a great idea to have jr. legals cut!!! these are super cute!! TFS!!

Mary Sarah said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Allison Rankin said...

These are cool...I could use about 1000 (probably wallpapered all over my house even!).

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash