Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mountain time

I'm currently out in Boone, NC visiting my son who is a student at Appalachian State University. It snowed here Tuesday, but lucky for me it all melted by the time I got here yesterday. I'm sitting here in a hotel room on this COLD morning, all by myself. What a strange sensation that is! I don't travel by myself very often, but it was kinda nice having some total "me" time with no distractions last night. Dan had to work, so after seeing him for a brief time, I hit the local mall and then came back to my hotel room. I put on my fuzzy socks and jammies and did absolutely nothing. I caught up on some blog reading and emails and talked to a couple friends on the phone. I'll be returning home either late tonight or tomorrow, so my little break is a short one, but nice none the less.
Once I get back home, I'll be kicking into high gear with my SU Open House preparations. This is a new thing for me and I'm a bit nervous about it. The Open House is November 8th from 1 pm - 4 pm. I'll be having some Fall and Christmas samples and make and takes. There will be door prizes too, and light refreshments. If you're local, I'd love to have you drop by. Email or call me for details.
I think I'm going to go out and brave the cold weather in town. I haven't worn this many layers in a LONG time. I don't own a "winter" coat ......it just doesn't get that cold at the beach to really need one. I may have to go by the University bookstore and get a sweatshirt.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash