Sunday, June 21, 2009

Candy Bouquet

Well, after I don't know HOW many months, I finally have made something! Now granted, it isn't much as far as stamping goes, but it's a start! I made this for my husband Don for Father's Day. I can't really get out and shop like I'd like to, so I sent David and his nurse out and they bought up all my, I mean Don's favorite candy bars. There are also some of his favorite protein bars and individual packages of cookies. And a big kahuna Hersey bar in the middle that I covered with Whisper White cardstock and stamped the Happy Father's Day image that's on the card I made, along with some red stars. You can't really see that though. Inside the can are Jolly Ranchers and little bite sized pieces of Milky Ways, Snickers and 3 Muskateer bars. Don should be riding a sugar high all the way to September! The paper I covered the can with is not Stampin'Up!, but it's left over from my old scrapbooking days. I think it's from Sweetwater. I didn't have any masculine SU paper, so this had to do. As you can see, Don already got into his candy by the time I asked him to take a picture for me, otherwise you wouldn't see the sticks in the front. I used packing tape to attach long bamboo skewers to the back of each candy bar, the I stuck the sticks into a styrofoam ball that's inside the can. I did wrap the whole thing in clear cellophane and tied it with a red bow. This thing weighs about 10 pounds! After all that, I ran out of steam as far as stamping goes. So I made a super quick card using Brilliant Blue cardstock that I had wheeled with the Jumbo Classic Stars wheel. I then stamped the Father's Day sentiment in Brilliant Blue ink from the All Holidays stamp set on Very Vanilla cardstock and matted that on a piece of Kraft cardstock. Then a simple piece of Linen Thread tied around that. And I was done. Don loved it, and the million dollar question is: I wonder if he's going to share?

1 comment:

ruth said...

Super cute idea!!! :) You are so clever! Now if I could just stick cinnamon rolls on a stick.....

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash