Monday, August 24, 2009

Had to do another one!


So by now you all know my favorite stamp from the new catalog is the Medallion background stamp. And by chance, it's also the TOP selling stamp from the catalog! So, I guess I'm in good company!

This card is a total and complete CASE from a card that I saw on the Late Night Stampers Pre-Convevntion Shoe Box Swap. When I first saw it, I loved it. I printed out a picture of the card and immediately went to work in my stamp room. I have to tell you, I have never made a card so quickly from one I've seen online before! I only wish I knew who the originator of this card was, so I could give her credit. It was fun for me to figure out which inks and colors of cardstock were used since no supply list was given. I did change up the orientation of the image panel, as well as the sentiment. I am pretty confident I matched the colors correctly. Along with the Medallion stamp, this card also used the Sanded Background stamp, another one of my favorites. And this is the first time I've used my Friends 24-7 stamp set, which I love almost as much as the Medallion......well ok, just as much! My favorite image in that set is the Damask....it's so pretty. It's stamped in the 2nd generation to the left of the bird image. Another first for me on this card is, I used my Aqua Painter to add a color wash to the bird. I have always preferred using the Blender Pen for watercoloring, but I am quickly becoming a fan of the Aqua Painter!! I don't own the Color Spritzer tool, so I used some very thinned out ink and dipped an old toothbrush in it and flicked it onto the cardstock. It was fun to do, but boy talk about inky fingers after! The sentiment comes from the Short and Sweet set.

I had so much fun creating this card......now the question is, do I keep it, or part with it? Decisions, decisions!

























3 comments:

ruth said...

Definitely part with it! :) I'd love it!!! LOL

Allison Rankin said...

I saw this yesterday but forgot to comment! I just think this is spectak! Want that medallion stamp!

kris said...

SO cute! I love that stamp too!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash