Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I realized that I never showed you my main swap card for Convention. Well, here it is! I made 30 of these and they were very labor intensive. Lots of sponging, scoring and layering. I love these colors together.
I cased the basic design from the gallery of MicheleTx at Splitcoast. I did make several changes such as scoring the background, using dazzling diamonds on the bird and lots of layers. I got the sweetest email from a fellow convention goer that I had swapped with. She wrote to tell me that she swapped in excess of 500 cards at convention, and she placed my card in her top 25! Wow! I was blown away that she took the time to email me. I was so unsure of my swaps, thinking they weren't up to par. She definitely made me feel better! The stamp set is Always. The cardstock and ink colors are Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Creamy Caramel.

Dahlia fold



This card was cased from Angie Kennedy-Juda http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/chic_n_scratch/
I love the simplicity of this design.




I'm working on a baby card for one of Don's employees who just had their first baby. I don't do many baby cards, so this one is a stretch for me. I'll try to post it later.


2 comments:

Linda F. said...

Lyn, I love all of these! Is that Iris fold difficult? I'm never very good at things that need folded or creased, but I've always wanted to try this!

Rachel V. said...

Lyn!!! So pretty! I want to try the iris fold too (someday!). But the bird card is just fabulous. Love the colors and all the layers!!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash